|Posted: Wed 12/4/13
|By: Dr. Sam Robbins & Dr. Spring Chen
|Topic: Phytosterols - how to best use it for maximum safety and effectiveness.
So How Effective Are Phytosterols
For Lowering Cholesterol & Triglycerides?...
- How they work.
Plant sterols and plant stanols are collectively known as phytosterols. Plant sterols are plant compounds with chemical structures similar to that of cholesterol. Especially high sterol levels are found in rice bran, wheat germ, corn oils, and soybeans.
Interestingly, phytosterols so closely resemble cholesterol that they can actually block food-based cholesterol from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
The result is that both phytosterols and dietary cholesterol end up excreted in waste matter.... as seen in the image to your right.
Do Phytosterols BLOCK
Dietary Cholesterol Absorption?...
Because of their ability to block dietary cholesterol absorption, phytosterols can help lower your cholesterol levels. In the last few years, clinical research has also discovered other effects, including reducing symptoms of an enlarged prostate, improving the control of blood sugar among people with diabetes, and reducing inflammation among patients with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
Studies have shown that daily phytosterols can lower these cholesterol measurements by an average of 10% to 14%. Because of these strong findings, the National Cholesterol Education Panel issued a new recommendation in 2001 that plant stanols and sterols be added to cholesterol-lowering regimens, along with the more traditional cholesterol-fighting tools, such as regular exercise, weight loss, and a low-fat diet.
Warnings & "Scams"
As with anything, there are always potential "negatives" and here are a few things you want to watch out for:
- You want to ONLY use the "extract" form of Phytosterols, not "powder". The highest and most effective is 40% extract (this is the exact amount found in a very effective and all natural product called, CholesLo™)
- Also, the safest form is derived from non-GMO pine tree extract. This is because most plants these days have there genes modified and are no longer natural. Non-GMO means NOT "genetically modified organisms" and it's much healthier and safer for you.
- You never want to take only the Phytosterols by itself because you would have to take a very high dose of it to work and that's when the negative side-effects start (more about this in a second...)
But, don't go out and spend your hard-earned money on Phytosterols just yet ...
So, What's YOUR Best & Safest Solution?...
I'll be honest with you. No one single ingredient works at 100% effectiveness forever, let alone for every person. And that includes Phytosterols or any other single herb or nutrient.
Think about it. Just like you don't eat only broccoli for best health, you don't want to use only one herb or nutrient either.
The best products use Phytosterols, in conjunction with other key ingredients, at specific dosages to dramatically help with lowering cholesterol & triglycerides. Other key ingredients you should look for when purchasing a product, which also work in synergy with Phytosterols are:
- Policosanol (make sure it contains specific "octacosanol" and not the cheaper form of "beta-sistosterol")
- Garlic Extract (make sure it's Deodorized with 1.3% alliin)
- Pantesin® d-Pantethine
- Guggulsterones (make sure it's 10% Pure Extract; E and Z)
- Artichoke Leaf Extract (make sure it's 15% Chlorogenic Acid, 5% Cynarin)
- Red Yeast Rice (make sure it's the highest and most effective, 2.5% Extract - with citrinin removed)
Additionally, whatever product you select - make sure it has a liver cleansing formula (because your liver is where cholesterol problems first start) and something to reduce Homocysteine levels (which is 43% cause of heart attacks). This is REALLY IMPORTANT!
When combined with the above ingredients, Phytosterols creates a "synergy" where you get MORE positive effects, at a much LOWER dose. That's the secret!...
Confused? Too Many Options & Choices?
Here's What Other People Have Done...
Your All Natural,
Now, you might be thinking, "Geez, I don't want to take 20-30 pills a day, buying a bunch of bottles and herbs" and I don't blame you. Who has the time OR money.
Fortunately, there's now a proven product called CholesLo®, which contains the above key ingredients, in specific extracted dosages -- in addition to a couple other helpful ingredients.
The feedback has been amazing and since the product has been around for years, you know it works!
Susan Abrams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
James Pries (email@example.com)
"....I tried CholesLo for 2 months & was extremely surprised with the results. My cholesterol dropped from 268 to 220 (48 pt drop). LDL dropped from 163 to 119 (44 pt drop). I'm so happy that finally something worked as promised!"
After 4 months of use:
Cholesterol: 299 down to 218
- 81 point drop/improvement
Triglycerides: 182 down to 98
- 84 point drop/improvement
LDL: 191 down to 123
- 68 point drop/improvement
As people vary, so do results.
What Should YOU Do Next?...
What you should do next is Click HERE and give CholesLo® a risk-free try. It's all natural, contains herbal ingredients and it's helped hundreds of thousands of people for over 12 years! But whatever you do, don't start with pharmaceutical products because you already know they have long-term negative effects and the habit forming side-effects are NOT worth it.
For OVER a decade, thousands of people just like you have all benefited from CholesLo® and I know you will too. But don't just take my word for it, click the button below and try it yourself...
Here's How To Have Healthy Cholesterol Levels →